In preparation for the upcoming Rajasthan assembly elections, the Congress Party has announced the formation of various key committees. These appointments were made on Wednesday, with the goal of organizing and strategizing for the forthcoming electoral battle. Here are the key appointments:
- Core Committee: Sukhjinder Randhawa has been appointed as the convener of the core committee, with prominent Congress leader CP Joshi serving as the chairperson of the manifesto panel. This core committee comprises influential figures like Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, former deputy Sachin Pilot, PCC president Govind Singh Dotasra, and CP Joshi.
- Campaign Committee: Govind Ram Meghwal, a Congress leader and minister, has been entrusted with the role of chairing the campaign committee. Ashok Chandna will serve as the co-chair, while Rajkumar Sharma has been appointed as its convenor. Additionally, Dinesh Abrar and Chetan Dudi will serve as co-convenors. Ex-officio members of the campaign committee include the chief minister, PCC president, CWC members, and all chairpersons of election-related committees.
- Coordination Committee: The Congress has also formed a 26-member coordination committee, which includes top leaders of the state, PCC president Govind Singh Dotasra, Girija Vyas, Narayan Singh, BD Kalla, former minister Raghu Sharma, and sitting minister Shanti Dhariwal.
- Manifesto Committee: The Manifesto Committee will be chaired by CP Joshi, with Rajya Sabha member Neeraj Dangi as the co-chairman and Gourav Vallabh as its convenor. Tikaram Meena and Pukhraj Parashar have also been appointed as convenors for this committee.
- Strategic Committee: The strategic committee will be headed by Harish Choudhary as its leader, with Sheeraj Gurjar as co-chairman and Rohit Bohra as convenor.
- Media and Communications Committee: Minister Mamta Bhupesh will chair the media and communications committee, with Swarnim Chaturvedi as the co-chairperson and Mukesh Bhakar as convenor.
- Publicity and Publications Committee: The publicity and publications committee will be overseen by Murari Lal Meena as chairperson and Arjun Bamaniya as co-chair, while Sudarshan Singh Rawat will serve as convenor.
- Protocol Committee: Mines Minister Pramod Jain Bhaya will chair the protocol committee, and Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie will serve as the co-chair.
The Rajasthan assembly elections are scheduled for later this year, and the Congress Party is determined to secure victory and retain power in the state. These committees have been established to streamline the party’s efforts and strategies for the upcoming electoral contest.